OZZIE GUILLEN GOES NUTS SATURDAY AGAINST THE YANKEES
Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen is spectacularly awesome. Following his team’s embarrassing 10-0 loss at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, Guillen went off in front of the New York media. Guillen’s tirade is an all-time classic. It was better than any NFL outburst you can think of including Jim Mora sputtering “Playoffs!!!??!!” or Dennis Green pounding his fist and shouting, “The Bears are who we thought they are!”
The transcript of Guillen’s tirade was printed in the Chicago Tribune: HERE
Guillen was furious that the White Sox fell to third place and had more errors than hits against the Yankees. Chicago managed only one hit against reject pitchers Sergio Mitre and Chad Gaudin. Both of those veteran pitchers began the season in the minors and have been released within the past year.
Guillen launched into his verbal assault by saying he was “embarrassed.” Among the rest of the highlights of Guillen’s tirade:
* Everybody on the White Sox should be “embarrassed”
* Anyone who wasn’t embarrassed has the “wrong job”
* Guillen also accused his team (and himself) of “stealing money” from White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf
* Guillen also pointed out that he was watching a Little League game Saturday morning and those players “were playing better”
* That’s why Little League games are “more fun” to watch than the White Sox
* The White Sox have built themselves a steep “mountain” to climb. Guillen suggested his team doesn’t have the guts to “climb to the top” of that mountain. He sarcastically suggested they need “a cable car”
* His team is “full of s***”
* Guillen concluded that he wanted to blame himself ”100%” for the White Sox recent failures but he needed “some reason” to shift the blame away from the players. Based on their pathetic performance Saturday, Guillen said he wanted to fight for his players but, “Give me some bullets to fight for you guys.”
The White Sox have now fallen to under .500 at 64-66. They are now a full five game behind Detroit in the A.L. Central division standings. They also now trail Minnesota. That’s actually the good news. As far as the Wild Card goes, Chicago is in sixth place. They are currently eleven-and-a-half games out and would need to jump five other teams to get into the playoffs via the Wild Card. That would seem impossible.
Ozzie Guillen wants to fight for his players. He just doesn’t have any ammunition.
OZZIE GUILLEN KISSES 2009 SEASON GOODBYE