BUT DOES SHE KNOW THE CAPITAL OF AFGANISTAN?
Terrific. There’s now a written test required to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
Kelli Finglass is the squad’s director. She claims cheerleaders have to be smart as well as beautiful. This year hundreds of girls will try out to be one of the Dallas Cowoys Cheerleaders. Only 45 will be invited to “cheerleader training camp” in june. The final squad will consist of 36 girls. Previous members of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders have to try out again every single year.
Potential cheerleaders are being given a written test with 80-100 questions. Most of the questions involve the history of the Cowboys. However, some of the questions involve news and current events. Here are a couple of sample questions:
* Can you name one country that borders Iraq?
* How many stars are on the uniform of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders?
The answer to question one is, “Iran, Turkey, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria or Jordan.”
The answer to question two is, “Who gives a damn?”
Today’s Dallas Morning News ran a sample list of eight questions called “Cheerleader Quiz.”
Here it is:
A sample of the questions – including current-events queries – that could be posed to potential Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders:
1. Where will the Cowboys play their final home game this season?
2. Where will the Cowboys hold their 2009 summer training camp?
3. Name the Cowboys legend who served as head coach for the team’s first 29 years.
4. What year was the Cowboys’ first season in the NFL?
5. How many stars are on the Cowboys Cheerleaders’ uniform?
6. Who is commissioner of the National Football League?
7. How many yards are in an NFL end zone?
8. Name one country that borders Iraq.
1. Cowboys Stadium
2. San Antonio
3. Tom Landry
4. (A) 1960
6. Roger Goodell
7. (A) 10
8. Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Turkey and Iran
SOURCE: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
DOES SHE KNOW WHO TOM LANDRY OR ROGER GOODELL ARE?