HANK WILLIAMS JR.
Monday, country music icon Hank Williams Jr. was dropped from the Monday Night Football open on ESPN because he compared President Obama to Hitler. Tuesday, Tea Party Nation president Judson Phillips begged Williams to run for a U.S. Senate seat in Tennessee.
Insanely, Phillips called for Americans to boycott watching football “until Hank Williams is brought back to sing the intro to MNF.” The Tea Party Nation call for a boycott adds the National Football League to a long list of organizations and symbols that far-right lunatics have now deemed “Un-American.” Among the pillars of American life that insane righties have bashed and boycotted include:
* Campbells Soup- In October of last year, mentally ill anti-Muslim blogger Pamela Geller called for a boycott of Campbell’s Soup. Apparently, the soup giant was discovered to be “secretly” manufacturing Halal soups that are permitted by Islamic law to be eaten. This was seen by disturbed righties as a secret Muslim plot. Yes, eat soup and the terrorists have won. Never mind the fact that Campbell’s is a GLOBAL corporation and that only a tiny fraction of the soups they sold were Halal. Or the fact that they also sell Kosher soup. Or that other companies like Kelloggs have been selling Halal-friendly foods for the better part of three decades. No, the company was deemed so evil that a “Boycott Campbell (sic) Soup” Facebook site drew thousands of members. Soup Nazis, indeed!
* The Girl Scouts- In the 2010 Washington state House race, it came out that failed Republican Tea Party nominee Hans Zeiger had once derided the Girl Scouts as being a “lesbian and atheist” organization. Zeiger also railed against the Girl Scouts for having a “pro-abortion, pro-homosexuals” and “feminist” agenda. Zeiger, a longtime World Net Daily favorite, made his “pro-abortion” allegation based on ONE pamphlet an Internet commentator claimed she found in the garbage can of a meeting room in Washington D.C. years ago. The woman alleged that the pamphlet mentioned the word “abortion” in it. Of course, it later came out that several groups held meetings in the same room on the same night (even if the woman is telling the truth.) Including Planned Parenthood. Zeiger makes his “lesbian” charge based on the fact that, unlike the Boy Scouts, the Girl Scouts allow gay members and won’t throw them out based on sexual orientation.
* The Statue of Liberty- Another Tea Party favorite, failed 2010 NewYork Republican gubernatorial candidate Carl Paladino, actually went on record as being AGAINST the inscription on the Statue of Liberty. He wasn’t down with the whole “huddled masses yearning to breathe free” thing. Paladino viewed the words as too pro-foreigner and thus anti-American. That’s right, a Tea Party guy running to be the governor of New York hates the Statue of Liberty.
* Abraham Lincoln- Paul Krugman of the New York Times wrote an article in February detailing how multitudes of members of ”The party of Lincoln” now hate Abraham Lincoln.
* Superman- Yup, the superhero whose motto is “Truth, Justice and the AMERICAN Way” was also boycotted by Looney Tunes righties and the Tea Party.
In his pro-Hank Williams Jr. article, (where he literally proclaims, “Run, Hank run!”), Tea Party Nation president Judson Phillips also referred to the “far left leaning Disney” Corporation (owners of ESPN which televises Monday Night Football.) Phillips also called President Obama a “Disney Darling.”
In a USA Today poll, only 27% of voters said Williams should have been suspended for his Obama/Hitler comments. The same USA Today article that ran the poll CONFIRMED that Williams is seriously considering a run for that Tennesse Senate seat.
On the other hand, it’s not like ESPN or the NFL come off looking like heroes in the Hank Junior fiasco. The pop culture hipsters of the NFL (like 92-year-old Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson) have hired Madonna to perform at the halftime show of this year’s Super Bowl. The washed up diva, of course, has TWO music videos where she superimposes images of Hitler onto Republian politicians. One of former president George W. Bush, the other of 2008 Republican presidential nominee/former totured POW, John McCain.